Friday, January 13, 2017

Restaurant Review: Tin Lizzy's

Tin Lizzy's in Kennessaw, GA
Yesterday I went to have dinner with my sister, who is attending Kennessaw State University. We ended up grabbing dinner at Tin Lizzy's, which has decent Tex-Mex food, especially if you are on a budget. I have tried to be cautious with my eating out habits, particularly with fast food, since it tends to generate a lot of waste. Tin Lizzy's is definitely a step above fast food though, so I thought I would give it a try. They had real plates, utensils and serving trays, instead of single-use disposable ones. The only time these sorts of restaurants cause you to produce waste is when you take your leftovers home in a Styrofoam box.

I could not finish my food, and neither could my sister. My sister asked for a box to take hers home, and the waitress ran off to grab two boxes before I realized that I should refuse. Since most take-home boxes are made of Styrofoam, which is not recyclable in my apartment building, I have been avoiding taking home my leftovers. However, when the waitress brought out our boxes, to my surprise and delight, they were labeled on the top as "Recyclable, Compostable."

My box of leftovers from Tin Lizzy's
I tried to do some more research into Tin Lizzy's to see if they had any other sustainability outreach, but I had no luck. So Tin Lizzy, if you can hear me, thank you for the compostable box so that I can enjoy my delicious buffalo chicken salad one more time, and if you have any more sustainable initiatives, I would love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment